Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

DIY Lip and Cheek Tint with Beets

Hey everyone! Today, I'm going to show you how to make an inexpensive lip and cheek tint with beets! I know, amazing right? I have to admit, when I found out about this, I wasn't sure about how it would work. I mean, beets are just so.....ugly. I wasn't quite sure how it could transform into a useable lip and cheek tint. It worked though and only cost me about 1 dollar. 

What You'll Need

  • 1 Beet
  • 1 Tablespoon of Honey
  • 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Glycerin (optional)
  • Strainer
  • Container
Recipe
  1. First, take your beet and peel it.
  2. Cut your beet into smaller pieces and place it in a blender or food proccessor. I used a a blender.
  3. Add the honey and vegetable glycerin to the beets. I couldn't find glycerin at Target  so I only used honey.
  4. Blend the mixture until it is fairly liquidy with some small chunks. 
  5. Strain the tint so it's smooth
  6. Pour into a container!
That's it! I really like this lip and cheek tint as it gives a really natural glow if you use it correctly. If you don't, you may resemble a clown. For my lips, I applied it with the wand of an old lip gloss container. You also may have some left over from sample-ing at Sephora or any other makeup store. I added a light layer of the tint a few times until I got a nice, natural look. For the cheeks, you can apply the tint with your fingers or with a makeup sponge. I personally found apply this with my fingers easier. You might want to store the mixture in two containers and place one in the fridge for use now and one in the freezer for later. It only stays good for as long as the beets would, so keep that in mind when storing the lip/cheek tint. Thanks for reading! I hope you liked this easy DIY!

No comments:

Post a Comment